[j-nsp] PoE for older Cisco IP Phones

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Tue Feb 4 05:04:27 EST 2014

Hi Robert,

On  4-Feb-2014 01:41:35 (+0300), Robert Hass wrote:
> Patrick,
> I just connected 7912 and 7940 to EX4200. Works without issues. Tested
> few images. Got signal that EX3200 also do the job. But what about
> EX3300 and EX2200 (I don't have any of them for testing)

I stand corrected.

I didn't think it would work from past experience. In my case the POE
switch I was testing (non Juniper) was a Type B (only).

In addition to the document Skeeve posted, I found an explanation of how
cisco POE works and how you could make it work with switches like the
one I tested.

<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco+POE>

--
patrick