[j-nsp] Does EX4200 support changing TCP-MSS on transit packets?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Feb 24 12:01:38 EST 2014

On (2014-02-24 07:53 -0800), Yucong Sun wrote:

> J-series / SRX series support  system { internet-options { tcp-mss } } even
> in packet mode, I would hope EX can do the same thing.

This is not for transit, but for local TCP connections. For transit you need
flow in SRX.

I feel lack of formal+easy process for ERs is really missed opportunity by
vendors (not just JNPR, all of them). There isn't even any webtool, it's
usually just email to your account team then something may or may not happen
and you have 0 visibility on it.
Why would you not want to make this very easy, maybe some community driven
page where ERs can be up/down voted. You're not losing anything, just gaining
data you may or may not use.

Then you keep hearing the classic 'no one has ever requested this before',
because data was lost.

--
  ++ytti