[j-nsp] Does EX4200 support changing TCP-MSS on transit packets?

Yucong Sun sunyucong at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:17:17 EST 2014

Well....  I don't have a active support contract, looks like this would
become exactly another forgotten case...

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:

> On (2014-02-24 07:53 -0800), Yucong Sun wrote:
>
> > J-series / SRX series support  system { internet-options { tcp-mss } }
> even
> > in packet mode, I would hope EX can do the same thing.
>
> This is not for transit, but for local TCP connections. For transit you
> need
> flow in SRX.

nope:  at least for J-series, it will modify all packets passing through
the device: check this

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.1/topics/example/session-tcp-maximum-segment-size-for-srx-series-setting-cli.html

espeically the text in the box.  It is obviously clunky, but without I'm
stuck with a linux gateway with a iptables rule.