[j-nsp] Resetting link-state and PoE on EX3300

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 07:53:05 EST 2014

All,

We're trialing the EX3300 as an edge switch and there are a couple of
things we do on our current devices that I can't find an easy way to do
without making a (relatively slow) config change, commit, undo, commit
cycle - namely, blipping the ethernet link and the PoE.

The former we use to encourage devices to get a new DHCP lease, and the
latter to fix hung/crashed wireless APs and VoIP phones.

I can't see any way to do these without disabling the port or PoE via a
config change, which seems awkward - our existing kit has
operational-mode "reset/clear" commands for both. Any suggestions?