[j-nsp] LDP + RSVP & DSCP

Daniel Rohan drohan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 11:12:44 EST 2014

Would anyone running LDP + RSVP + QoS on their network mind contacting me
on or off list to share their experiences? I'm contemplating a design that
would involve using LDP for L3VPNs and RSVP for some minor traffic
engineering + L2 services on a small (10 router) ring topology. The reason
I'd like to use LDP is because one of the L3VPNs would have a presence on
every single router on the ring and setting up a full RSVP mesh seems
cumbersome, and the RSVP auto-mesh features seem poorly documented on
Juniper's end. But my major concerns are with QoS; it would appear that
RSVP lends itself to an IntServ set up, but to keep consistent with the way
we run a few other networks, I'd like to keep a standard DS environment on
this backbone. My concern is that I can't find resources that talk
specifically on how to make RSVP DSCP aware short of setting up a DS-TE
RDM/MAM environment, and I don't want to get into a situation where one
signaling protocol isn't aware of the traffic on the links.

Maybe someone on this list will have a pointer or two.

Thanks,

Dan