[j-nsp] S-NAT-IN-MX5-MX10

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jan 9 04:40:43 EST 2014

On Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:32:07 AM Tore Anderson
wrote:

> FWIW, I've been working on a 1:1 (IPv4:IPv6) NAT solution
> that I believe make a lot of sense in 2014 and beyond:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-anderson-siit-dc-00
> http://www.ipspace.net/IPv6-Only_Data_Centers

Well, NAT64/DNS64 is N:1 NAT. That's the strategy I took for
integrating IPv6 into a network where customers can only
obtain IPv6 addresses.

Then again, I've never used SIIT, or any kind of stateless
6:4 translation.

> Now, I doubt that the licence in question would enable me
> to run exactly this on my MX-es today, but as I
> understand that the Trio chips are capable of doing this
> in-line, I still have some hope that Juniper will code
> up support for configuring it in JUNOS at some point.
> (Cisco and Brocade have already done so in some of their
> products.)

That's right. AFAIK, inline NAT on the Trio today is NAT44
only.

I have no doubt that Trio can support SIIT inline, but some
confirmation from Juniper would be great.

Mark.