[j-nsp] S-NAT-IN-MX5-MX10

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Jan 9 04:32:07 EST 2014

* Mark Tinka

> Not to my knowledge, no (well, not in 2014 anyway). N:1 NAT
> is what makes sense.

FWIW, I've been working on a 1:1 (IPv4:IPv6) NAT solution that I believe
make a lot of sense in 2014 and beyond:

http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-anderson-siit-dc-00
http://www.ipspace.net/IPv6-Only_Data_Centers

</shameless plug>

Now, I doubt that the licence in question would enable me to run exactly
this on my MX-es today, but as I understand that the Trio chips are
capable of doing this in-line, I still have some hope that Juniper will
code up support for configuring it in JUNOS at some point. (Cisco and
Brocade have already done so in some of their products.)

Tore