[j-nsp] Resetting SFP+ Remotely

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jan 28 05:14:29 EST 2014

On (2014-01-27 13:20 -0800), Crist Clark wrote:

> Is anyone aware of some JUNOS CLI or shell-foo on an EX-4500 chassis to
> reset SFP+ modules just as if you actually removed the module from the
> chassis and slid it back in?

I'm not familiar with EX4500, but this works on Trio kit PFE for XFP:

test xfp N power off
test xfp N power on

I've used it several times successfully

I'm not sure if you're running to same issue as I've (and few others), where
after 2*31 times 100ms microcontroller starts writing over temperature space
with timer data causing all kind of problems in JunOS routers, including link
flaps.
You could confirm this by looking at DDM data, if temperature is linearily
going between 127..-127 it's the same issue.

--
  ++ytti