[j-nsp] Dynamic NAT and MS-MIC

Nicholas Schmidt nschmidt at mediamath.com
Wed Jul 2 17:18:04 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I am evaluating a few options for upgrades to various bits of routing infrastructure. One of my requirements is a very basic dynamic source NAT for some hardware sitting on private address space to be able to communicate with the outside for small amounts of basic services such as OS updates and the like. Could anyone tell me if this requires the MS-MIC? The data sheets are worded very weirdly and I can’t tell if the MS-MIC is required for all NATing or just Carrier Grade NAT.

Cheers,
Nick