[j-nsp] Dynamic NAT and MS-MIC

Stepan Kucherenko twh at megagroup.ru
Thu Jul 3 03:01:42 EDT 2014

Without MS-MIC/MS-MPC you can only do static 1:1 NAT. So yes, if you
want dynamic stateful NAT, you'll have to buy a service card.

On 03.07.2014 01:18, Nicholas Schmidt wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am evaluating a few options for upgrades to various bits of routing
infrastructure. One of my requirements is a very basic dynamic source
NAT for some hardware sitting on private address space to be able to
communicate with the outside for small amounts of basic services such as
OS updates and the like. Could anyone tell me if this requires the
MS-MIC? The data sheets are worded very weirdly and I can’t tell if the
MS-MIC is required for all NATing or just Carrier Grade NAT.