[j-nsp] SRX PPPoE issue on JunOS 12.1X44-D35.5

Benjamin Collet bcollet at unistra.fr
Sat Jul 12 14:27:51 EDT 2014

Hi again,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 09:41:02PM +0200, Benjamin Collet wrote:
> It appears that the Link Control Protocol phase is stuck in `Creq-sent`
> state, and then times out (see
> https://paste.oxynux.org/zwq8hb-3053?raw).

After a bit of digging, I found out that the priority-bit on LCP
packets' VLAN tag is set to 6 (IC: Internetwork Control) on JunOS
12.1X44-D35.5 whereas it was set to 0 (BE: Best Effort) on JunOS
11.4R11.4. It seems that my ISP is dropping such packets.

With that information in hand, I found a KB article referring to a
similar issue on VDSL links:
  http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28670

The solution is to apply the following configuration:
  set class-of-service host-outbound-traffic ieee-802.1 default be

I find it a bit strange that this kind of implementation change is not
documented in the release notes.

Cheers,
Ben