[j-nsp] VPLS Multihoming and CCC-Down interface flag

Misak Khachatryan m.khachatryan at gnc.am
Mon Jul 14 04:37:23 EDT 2014

Hello,

I recently faced to a strange problem, which i can't understand. Suppose
this network diagram:

MPLS Cloud --- PE (MX80) ---- CE (EX4200) ---- PE (MX80) ---- MPLS Cloud.

As You can see, EX4200 has two uplinks to two MX80, which are part of
MPLS network infrastructure. VPLS Multihoming is configured:

PE1 (gavar)

misak at mx-gavar> show configuration routing-instances Miom_ISP-Inet |
display inheritance | except ##

instance-type vpls;
vlan-id 342;
interface ge-1/1/9.342;
routing-interface irb.342;
route-distinguisher 10.255.255.33:342;
vrf-target target:65500:342;
protocols {
     vpls {
         site-range 100;
         no-tunnel-services;
         site martuni {
             site-identifier 32;
             multi-homing;
             site-preference primary;
             interface ge-1/1/9.342;
         }
         site gavar {
             site-identifier 33;
         }
         mac-flush;
         connectivity-type irb;
     }

}

PE2 (getap)

instance-type vpls;
vlan-id 342;
interface ge-1/1/9.342;
route-distinguisher 10.255.255.10:342;
vrf-target target:65500:342;
protocols {
     vpls {
         site-range 100;
         no-tunnel-services;
         site martuni {
             site-identifier 32;
             multi-homing;
             site-preference backup;
             interface ge-1/1/9.342;
         }
         site getap {
             site-identifier 10;
         }
         mac-flush;
     }
}

CE site is called martuni, and EX4200 on that site is configured with
vlan-id all on both uplinks.

Now the problem - when one uplinks on EX4200 go down, or for example one
router (getap) goes down, I shouldn't have any problem with this routing
instance, but in this case interface ge-1/1/9.342 goes to CCC-Down state
and stops passing traffic.

There are lot of other VPLS configured on router and that links, and i
noticed that only VPLS-es that exist only on these two PEs show this
behavior. If You have VPLS configured on other PE router throughout MPLS
cloud, links stays up and work as expected.

I tried lot of knobs and options, but no luck. Can anyone explain this
behavior? Any help highly appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Misak Khachatryan,