[j-nsp] Small P Router Recommendations

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Wed Jun 4 23:30:11 EDT 2014

On 5 Jun 2014, at 12:00 pm, Geoff Crawford <Geoff.Crawford at cwct.ca> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I'm a Juniper fan too, but I'll take a non-Juniper answer today. Seems to be an MPLS heavily oriented list, so I figured you guys would know.
>
> I'm sure we'd all love an EX3200 take could run LDP, pack more than 1 label and do it over aggregated interfaces. Is anyone else making a box that can do that?

If you're after a switch that'll do MPLS/L3VPN, check out the QFX5100.  All 10/40G though which might not be what you're after.

> Need to aggregate a bunch of SRXs, and drag it back to the office. I was thinking, would there be any ill-effects to building a larger subnet and connecting all the SRXes together with a standard L2 switch, and then have the switch uplink to the closest P router? Sure would be nice for adding more boxes in the future, no need to touch the P.

Why not just run another SRX as a PE and aggregate via that?  The MPLS feature-set is pretty comprehensive - L2VPN, VPLS, L3VPN, L2Circuit etc.

> Oh, and have they got L3VPN/VPLS figured out on the ACX yet?

L3VPN works just fine, but L2 services are "coming soon".

Ben