[j-nsp] Fwd: Netconf & namespaces

Sergio D. sdanelli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:10:33 EDT 2014

>Anyway, the actual question - is anyone using Netconf in anger against
>JunOS, and if so, how do you handle namespaces? Do you just ignore the
>fact that JunOS is broken for <hello>? Are there other places where the
>namespaces aren't handled according to spec?

There is inconsistencies with namespaces all over. I had to strip out the
namespace prefixes and return the plain node and it works. You can even see
some of this on the Juniper perl library:

https://metacpan.org/source/JUNIPER/Net-Netconf-0.01/lib/Net/Netconf/Device.pm#L330
https://metacpan.org/source/JUNIPER/Net-Netconf-0.01/lib/Net/Netconf/Device.pm#L338

not only 'junos:' shows up as a prefix, but 'ns1:','ns:' , so I just remove
everything (s/.*?://)

Seems to work out okay, but I also have the option to keep it in case of
any problems.
FYI

-Sergio