[j-nsp] TACACS and Logical systems

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Mar 20 17:38:47 EDT 2014

On 3/20/14, 1:40 PM, Amos Rosenboim wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> One of our customers is going to implement logical systems in his network (core and access on the same box, different logical systems).
> All user accounts are based on TACACS with AD integration.

this may be hearesy but the juniper's can be configured to authenticate
against the AD server directly via radius.

there are radius VSAs that can  be employed for various levels of access
control

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-system-basics/configuring-juniper-networks-vendor-specific-radius-attributes.html

http://dice.neko-san.net/2012/08/linking-junos-authentication-to-active-directory-using-radius/