[j-nsp] NG-MVPN RPT-SPT mode no receiver CE limitation?

Krasimir Avramski krasi at smartcom.bg
Tue May 27 10:27:27 EDT 2014

I have had customer using exactly the same setup (in production) without
any problems on receiver PE (static igmp local receivers for faster channel
zapping). Now I can't remember if igmp was effectively filtered on
downstream access equipment. The problem with local receivers was only on
Source PE ( if you have type-7 C-M route then Source PE local receivers
would stop receive mcast traffic - 9.6 release, DPC hardware). The work
around was to deploy another vrf on source PE to terminate local receivers
and source mcast interface and mvpn vrf serving only remote PEs). On 11.2
it was dependent on type of hardware used(MPC, DPC) for interfaces
connecting multicast source, mpls core and local receivers - for example if
DPC hardware was used for ifls connecting mcast source, mpls core and local
receivers then it was OK - every other combination (including only MPC
hardware) affected local source PE receivers or remote PEs not receiving
multicast traffic at all.
I really don't know current state with latest software/hardware, but rather
you are hitting some bug.

Best Regards,
Krasi