[j-nsp] BRAS IPv4/IPv6 Combined Policer & RADIUS Attributes

Darren Liew darrenssliu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:43:57 EST 2014

Hi Team,

Just some update on test result. It seems to be working with
logical-interface-policer. Summary of the approach is

1. firewall policer with "logical-interface-policer"
2. firewall family inet filter - referencing to the same policer
3. firewall family inet6 filter - referencing to the same policer

We can then maintain the same firewall filtering construct under individual
protocol family. This has advantage of able to use RADIUS attributes to
issue ingress & egress filtering parameter.

I am yet to observe any performance issues if we were to deploy in wider
scale. Will try to confirm with our system engineer shortly.

Thanks all for the suggestion ! Will update further if there's any further
result !

set firewall policer 30m filter-specific
set firewall policer 30m logical-interface-policer
set firewall policer 30m if-exceeding bandwidth-limit 30m
set firewall policer 30m if-exceeding burst-size-limit 1875000
set firewall policer 30m then discard

set firewall family inet filter 30m interface-specific
set firewall family inet filter 30m enhanced-mode
set firewall family inet filter 30m term t0 from service-filter-hit
set firewall family inet filter 30m term t0 then accept
set firewall family inet filter 30m term t1 then policer 30m
set firewall family inet filter 30m term t1 then service-accounting
set firewall family inet filter 30m term t1 then service-filter-hit
set firewall family inet filter 30m term t1 then accept

set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 interface-specific
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 enhanced-mode
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 term t0 from service-filter-hit
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 term t0 then accept
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 term t1 then policer 30m
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 term t1 then service-accounting
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 term t1 then service-filter-hit
set firewall family inet6 filter 30m-v6 term t1 then accept

set dynamic-profiles PPPOE-IP-PROFILE interfaces pp0 unit
"$junos-interface-unit" family inet filter input 30m
set dynamic-profiles PPPOE-IP-PROFILE interfaces pp0 unit
"$junos-interface-unit" family inet filter output 30m

set dynamic-profiles PPPOE-IP-PROFILE interfaces pp0 unit
"$junos-interface-unit" family inet6 filter input 30m-v6
set dynamic-profiles PPPOE-IP-PROFILE interfaces pp0 unit
"$junos-interface-unit" family inet6 filter output 30m-v6