[j-nsp] BRAS IPv4/IPv6 Combined Policer & RADIUS Attributes

Miquel van Smoorenburg miquels at cistron.nl
Sun Nov 9 19:11:11 EST 2014

On 03/11/14 01:51, Darren Liew wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Thanks for all the suggestion. Part of my requirement is also to integrate
> with the RADIUS attributes, so that we can dynamic control different users
> with different bandwidth according to their subscriptions & along with the
> service accounting.

OK, then you want something like this:

dynamic-profiles {
     pppoe-subscriber-profile {
         predefined-variable-defaults {
             cos-shaping-mode frame-mode;
             cos-byte-adjust 0;
             cos-shaping-rate 2m;
         }
         class-of-service {
             traffic-control-profiles {
                 tc-profile {
                     shaping-rate "$junos-cos-shaping-rate";
                     overhead-accounting "$junos-cos-shaping-mode" bytes
"$junos-cos-byte-adjust";
                 }
             }
             interfaces {
                 pp0 {
                     unit "$junos-interface-unit" {
                         output-traffic-control-profile tc-profile;
                     }
                 }
             }
         }
     }
}

The radius attributes you need to send are:

for cos-shaping-rate:  ERX-Qos-Shaping-Pmt-Type = "T02 <speed-in-kbps>k"
for cos-shaping-mode:  ERX-Qos-Shaping-Pmt-Type = "T07 cell-mode"
                   or                              "T07 frame-mode"
for cos-byte-adjust:   ERX-Qos-Shaping-Pmt-Type = "T08 <bytes>"

the ERX-Qos-Shaping-Pmt-Type attribute is a VSA, vendor 4874, attr 108

I'd also add a scheduler-map to the tc-profile part (left out for brevity)

See also
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos13.3/topics/example/cos-subscriber-access-downstream-dynamic.html

And definitely study
http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/jnbooks/day-one/networking-technologies-series/dynamic-subscriber-management/