[j-nsp] EX3300/4300 Switch MPLS CCC Support

Robin Williams robin.williams at tnp.net.uk
Fri Nov 7 20:26:58 EST 2014

Hi all,

We currently make some use of the MPLS CCC functionality of EX3200 and
EX4200 switches with the AFL, but note that their replacements EX3300
and EX4300 don't have any MPLS support.  Does anyone know if this is a
temporary lack of support while the box is being developed further, or
is there no plans no bring this support back in the new products?  I
don't like the way the EX3300 is being touted as the replacement for the
EX3200 but the feature set has entirely changed.

I also think it's a bit rich that you now need an EFL license for things
like OSPF support, where you didn't previously, and for the AFL features
such as BGP, you now need both an EFL *AND* and AFL where you previously
only needed an AFL.

Would be interested to hear other opinions on this, to me it all seems
like a bit of a silly move on the part of Juniper and a gift to Cisco.

Regards,
Robin.