[j-nsp] EX4550 L2Circuit/VPN to MX80/lt Interface

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Nov 10 12:55:19 EST 2014

Le 10/11/14 18:40, Hugo Slabbert a écrit :
> What's the connection between the EX and the MX? Could you not just
> switch the customers through the EX to the MX and land them on tagged
> interfaces on the MX?
>
> I don't know all of your requirements, but perhaps the simple option
> works here?

Ah good question. I have only one 10G ethernet back to back connection
between the EX and the MX. And I want to use my EX as a router for
managing the gateway of my clients on it. So I need BGP/MPLS on it, and
unfortunelaty MPLS does not work on vlan interface on Ex :(
I was a pseudo BGP/Tor design. It work well, but I does not want to use
a dedicated MX80 port and switch to transit customers (wich are not the
majority). If I had more money I had bought some MX480 :p

--
Raphael Mazelier