[j-nsp] EX4550 L2Circuit/VPN to MX80/lt Interface

Raphael Mazelier raph at futomaki.net
Mon Nov 10 11:23:49 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm redesigning my network, and I have to terminate some customer BGP
sessions (full view) on new EX4550 (no comment, ... )

Since the EX4550 does not support full view, I had to logicaly terminate
the session on a real router (MX80 in this case).

The logical way to do is to use bgp multi hop, but some of my customer
are unaware of changing their settings on their side.

So my plan is to use l2vpn (or l2circuit) between the EX and the MX, and
to use a virtual interface on the MX to end the sessions.
And reading some thread it seems that I have to use lt interface.

The l2vpn connections are OK on both side, but nothing is reachable (and
I have nothing to tcpdump yet).

Bellow is my config :

EX side :

interfaces {
   ge-1/0/11 {
     encapsulation ethernet-ccc;
     unit 0;
   }
}

routing-instances {
   l2vpn {
     instance-type l2vpn;
     interface ge-1/0/11.0;
     route-distinguisher 666:666;
     vrf-target target:666:666;
     protocols {
         l2vpn {
             encapsulation-type ethernet;
             site EX {
                 site-identifier 1;
                 ignore-mtu-mismatch;
                 interface ge-1/0/11.0 {
                     remote-site-id 2;
                 }
             }
             ignore-encapsulation-mismatch;
         }
     }
   }
}

MX side :

interfaces {
    lt-0/0/10 {
         unit 0 {
             encapsulation ethernet-ccc;
             peer-unit 1;
             family ccc;
         }
         unit 1 {
             encapsulation ethernet;
             peer-unit 0;
             family inet {
                 address 10.1.1.1/24;
             }
         }
     }
}

routing-instances {
     l2vpn {
         instance-type l2vpn;
         interface lt-0/0/10.0;
         route-distinguisher 666:666;
         vrf-target target:666:666;
         protocols {
             l2vpn {
                 encapsulation-type ethernet;
                 site cr-dc2-01 {
                     site-identifier 2;
                     ignore-mtu-mismatch;
                     interface lt-0/0/10.0;
                 }
             }
         }
     }
}

Any suggestions ? or other way to do ? (I ve tested l2circuit and it
does not work anyway)

--
Raphael Mazelier
AS39605