[j-nsp] ACX is just not there (was Re: EX4550 L2Circuit/VPN to MX80/lt Interface)

Daniel Verlouw daniel at shunoshu.net
Thu Nov 13 13:02:19 EST 2014

Hej Mark,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> I'd deploy vMX as a route reflector. I was actually
> evaluating vRR a few months ago, but it still had a long way
> to go, so went with Cisco's CSR1000v (which is, basically,
> IOS XE) instead.

would you be able to elaborate on your experience with vRR ? We’re
about to re-evaluate our RR deployment and going ‘virtual / PC-based’
is certainly high on our list. Too bad there's hardly any info on vRR
around, or I'm looking in the wrong place (which is not terribly hard
after yet another poor redesign of jnpr.net....)

Other than being used as RR, I (so far) fail to see how vMX would be
deployed in carrier networks such as ours. Virtualized DCs, yes,
maybe, but that’s whole different ball game.

BR, Daniel.