[j-nsp] TCP

Payam Chychi pchychi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 12:46:37 EST 2014

Hi Johan,

This sounds like a network issue, i'm actually dealing with the same
thing with one of my off-net providers.

Latency does of course play a factor however, latency has a
bidirectional influence and not asymmetric (as in 200ms rtr both ways).
No reason as to why you should be getting 400 one way and 60 the other.

Only thing comes to mind is different paths the packets may travel,
hitting a congestion/problem point.

You should grant your provider a maintenance window to take down your
circuit and do an end to end throughput test and make sure they provide
you with the results.
If they can get 1:1 capacity then look at your optics, interfaces, any
bundled links, and switch/routing fabric at both ends.

Cheers
Payam