[j-nsp] TCP

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:49:59 EST 2014

Actually, it's quite possible to have 400 in one direction and 60 in the
other. As an example, if you assume a 1 Gbps link with 20ms RTT, a receiver
using a 1 MB receive window might see between 300-400 Mbps, whereas a
receiver stuck with a 64 KB receive window on the same link might see only
20 Mbps. It's pretty common, especially if one side is an older OS.

John