[j-nsp] MX80 Sampling - High CPU

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretec.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 07:36:54 EDT 2014

On 1 October 2014 12:09, Brendan Mannella <bmannella at teraswitch.com> wrote:
> We have a mx240 with inline flow enable, we were getting frequent cpu
> spikes, we installed 12.3R8 yesterday and the spikes are resolved.

Hi Brendan,

What is your monitoring frequency to pick up the spikes? We're running
the recommended junos on MX80's and only saw spikes/high usage for the
first 10mins or so then it settled down. We're using the standard
recommended config with a sample rate 1 but every 10 secs not 10 secs
or 1000 packets. Most of ours is RTP traffic so we stuck to 10 secs.

Thanks.

--
Kind Regards,
Gavin Henry.