[j-nsp] Juniper MX Upgrade / Configuration question

Haynes, Matthew mhaynes at lightower.com
Thu Oct 16 07:28:19 EDT 2014

I just wish they made it so that you could save updates, I found that the code is put in a temp package with a bunch of other "stuff" and cannot be edited. That or use the /var/db/config/juniper.config.pre-install file.

Regardless the answer is reinstall the software when you get ready to actually upgrade the router.

I will tell you all this, if your under the delusion like I was that its using the running configuration when you reboot to a new image your mistaken.