[j-nsp] BRAS IPv4/IPv6 Combined Policer & RADIUS Attributes

Darren Liew darrenssliu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 05:17:40 EDT 2014

Hi Team,

Has anyone has experience deploying dual-stack services on Juniper BRAS?

Our requirement is per below. For example, the bandwidth package is 5Mbps.
The IPv4 & IPv6 should be policed jointly to bandwidth of 5Mbps rather than
individual IPv4 or IPv6 family policing. If policing is done individually
for IPv4 (5Mbps) and for IPv6 (5Mbps), the user is getting bandwidth of
10Mbps jointly  which we tried to avoid.

We would like to ask our experts on how to implement joint policing for
IPv4/IPv6 dual stack and the relevant RADIUS attributes we should use in
case we want to trigger the policing filter from the RADIUS.

Our current sample of script with individual IPv4 and IPv6 family policing.

dynamic-profiles {
    VLAN-PPPOE-PROFILE {
        interfaces {
            "$junos-interface-ifd-name" {
                unit "$junos-interface-unit" {
                    encapsulation ppp-over-ether;
                    vlan-id "$junos-vlan-id";
                    pppoe-underlying-options {
                        dynamic-profile PPPOE-IP-PROFILE;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    PPPOE-IP-PROFILE {
        interfaces {
            pp0 {
                unit "$junos-interface-unit" {
                    ppp-options {
                        pap;
                    }
                    pppoe-options {
                        underlying-interface "$junos-underlying-interface";
                        server;
                    }
                    family inet {
                        filter {
                            input 5m;
                            output 5m;
                        }
                        unnumbered-address "$junos-loopback-interface";
                    }
                    family inet6 {
                        filter {
                            input 5m-v6;
                            output 5m-v6;
                        }
                        unnumbered-address "$junos-loopback-interface";
                    }
                }
            }
        }