[j-nsp] BRAS IPv4/IPv6 Combined Policer & RADIUS Attributes

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Oct 31 10:04:02 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 05:17:40PM +0800, Darren Liew wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Has anyone has experience deploying dual-stack services on Juniper BRAS?
>
> Our requirement is per below. For example, the bandwidth package is 5Mbps.
> The IPv4 & IPv6 should be policed jointly to bandwidth of 5Mbps rather than
> individual IPv4 or IPv6 family policing. If policing is done individually
> for IPv4 (5Mbps) and for IPv6 (5Mbps), the user is getting bandwidth of
> 10Mbps jointly  which we tried to avoid.
>
> We would like to ask our experts on how to implement joint policing for
> IPv4/IPv6 dual stack and the relevant RADIUS attributes we should use in
> case we want to trigger the policing filter from the RADIUS.

I believe you want a Logical Interface (Aggregate) Policer:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.3/topics/concept/policer-types.html#jd0e170

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.3/topics/example/policer-logical-interface-aggregate-example-single-rate-two-color.html