[j-nsp] Junos recommendation for EX8216

Victor Nagoryanskii vicnsp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 05:35:36 EDT 2014

Hello,

recently we upgraded our EX8216 to current JTAC recommended Junos version
(12.3R6.6), and now we have two big problems - first, switch spontaneously
stops forward traffic for some hosts, terminated locally. Second - we
unable to "commit". Each time we try to commit, we get message:

error: session failure: unexpected termination
error: remote side unexpectedly closed connection

For both issues we have an opened JTAC tickets. P.S. We tried to use
another spare RE, with Junos installed from scratch (install --format).

So, guys, what version do you use for EX8216? Any flaws you noticed? Thanks