[j-nsp] Juniper VC not showing all ports in show commands

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Fri Sep 5 10:53:56 EDT 2014

I was testing some Juniper VCs today and seeing some odd stuff. I have a two member stack. In a show interfaces I can see all interfaces. When I try and view certain protocol states on interfaces I can only see the VC master interfaces.

As an example if I do a show dot1x interfaces, I can only see ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/47. Same with show spanning-tree interface. If I type show dot1x interface ge-1/0/0 it show nothing at all.

This is on a 4200 stack trying code 12.3R6.6 and 13.2+

Looked at a very old stack we have running 10.3R3 and it shows all interfaces, not only the master interfaces.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Darren
http://www.mellowd.co.uk/ccie