[j-nsp] Inline jflow - No hash table changes

Scott Harvanek scott.harvanek at login.com
Thu Sep 11 16:42:34 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

Quick question, if we setup inline jflow on a MX480 and do not adjust
the hash table sizes, will the FPC still restart?*

Specifically the config change would look like this ( MX480 VC, member
1, FPC 0(VC FPC 12) would be put into this but not member 0 ):

[edit chassis]
+   member 1 {
+       fpc 0 {
+           sampling-instance 480flows;
+       }
+   }
[edit]
+  services {
+      flow-monitoring {
+          version-ipfix {
+              template ipv4 {
+                  flow-active-timeout 60;
+                  flow-inactive-timeout 60;
+                  template-refresh-rate {
+                      packets 1000;
+                      seconds 10;
+                  }
+                  option-refresh-rate {
+                      packets 1000;
+                      seconds 10;
+                  }
+                  ipv4-template;
+              }
+          }
+      }
+  }
[edit interfaces xe-12/1/0 unit 716 family inet]
+       sampling {
+           input;
+       }
[edit]
+  forwarding-options {
+      sampling {
+          instance {
+              480flows {
+                  input {
+                      rate 1;
+                  }
+                  family inet {
+                      output {
+                          flow-server x.x.x.x {
+                              port 2055;
+                              version-ipfix {
+                                  template {
+                                      ipv4;
+                                  }
+                              }
+                          }
+                          inline-jflow {
+                              source-address x.x.x.x;
+      }
+  }

* I find it pretty annoying the FPC will restart on the hash updates if
you want to adjust the defaults...