[j-nsp] Using Cisco SFP's on Juniper 4500's

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Sep 12 10:13:58 EDT 2014

On Friday, September 12, 2014 03:53:32 PM Chris Gotzmann
wrote:

> Mark,
> That makes no sense logically. Clients would be able to
> connect 100% or 0%, there wouldn't be an in-between
> based on the vendor gbic.

So to give more detail, a laptop and Cisco switch connect
fine.

But a Tejas SDH box does not. I'm thinking it's because the
Cisco copper SFP can run only at 1Gbps, while a properly
coded Juniper one (or a Cisco one that will work) supports
tri-rate, given the Tejas did not do anything faster than
100Mbps.

Mark.