[j-nsp] Breaking an EX cluster?

Richard Gross rich at textplusteam.com
Thu Aug 13 22:45:22 EDT 2015

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Ethernet-Switching/Disable-Virtual-Chasis-on-EX4200/td-p/46663

Specifically:

First delete all config under "edit virtual-chassis", but to remove all
evidence of vc on it you need to go into the shell:

Start shell

Delete all files under /config/vchassis

rm *.*

Remove or disable the vcp cable and reboot to purge.

Cli request system reboot.

Worked for me in the past.   Applies to EX 4200, not sure if EX 4300 is
same.

Hope this helps.

richg