[j-nsp] Breaking an EX cluster?

Levi Pederson levipederson at mankatonetworks.net
Mon Aug 17 13:59:27 EDT 2015

Scott,

I was under the assumption you wanted to zerorize and remove a unit from a
Virtual Chassis.  Hence the use of system zeorize.

If you wanted to completely erase and re-setup a new VC with old members of
a previous that is a different story.

I think you issue might be process related.

I would erase and and pre-setup (partially) the first switch in the NEW VC
with no VC cables attached.

Then connect the VC cables and power on the next member (previously
zeroized).

That should bring up the VC between the two devices.

The other option would be to statically assign the VC nodes using the
serial numbers.

Thank you,

*Levi Pederson*
Mankato Networks LLC