[j-nsp] Could JUNOS OP Script support generate firewall filter term and added before original one?

Jordan Head jordan.head.ny at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:53:13 EST 2015

Hi James

An op script could definitely do this, but I haven't seen a basic template for this use case.  Depending on *exactly* what you want it to do, it might be a better job for Python, and maybe some netconf.

Here's something that might help get you started.

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos12.3/topics/example/junos-script-automation-op-script-changing-configuration.html

How complex are the rules that need to be generated?  Could you provide some examples?  Feel free to ping me off list if necessary.

-JH