[j-nsp] Is the M7i still an option for an ASBR ?

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Mon Dec 28 18:46:16 EST 2015

Hi,

I have to upgrade and expand a network currently routed by 2
M7i-RE400-CFEB. It has two transit providers and filters out at /20
because the RE-400 can't process a modern full-view.

I've been told the RE-850 (RAM fully loaded) would be able to handle it.
I found a few deals here and there, and some sellers also offer CFEB-E
upgrades.

I can't find any feedback on the practical differences between CFEB and
CFEB-E.

Here are my current questions :
- Is a RE-850 really capable of handling 2 full views plus some peering
sessions ?
- What would I gain by upgrading CFEB to CFEB-E ? Is it required to
handle 600k+ routes ?

In addition, I'd like to use cflowd to monitor and balance this AS'
traffic. I've read this features requires either the MSE-100 PIC or the
multiservice module attached to the CFEB-E.

- Doesn't the MSE-100 PIC requires the CFEB-E, as the multiservice
module does ?
- Is it realistic to handle 2 full views plus iBGP and a few peers WITH
cflowd on a RE-850 ?

Thanks !

--
Jérôme Nicolle