[j-nsp] L2Circuit with BGP/LDP

Adam Vitkovsky Adam.Vitkovsky at gamma.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 09:46:29 EST 2015

That's what I understood the PW Labels generated by BGP.
Hmmm though now that I read Scott's post again he actually wanted to avoid using routing instances -which unfortunately is exactly what I have recommended with the VPLS setup, but I think that's the only way how to get BGP to allocate/advertise PW Labels and I'd be glad to learn otherwise.

Though the RFC3107 could certainly be used to address the "no OSPF" requirement.
And don't you worry you gonna love RFC3107, it's a perfect cure for all routing problems! As David Wheeler once said:
"All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of indirection, except for the problem of too many layers of indirection."

adam