[j-nsp] MX extended DHCP server static address binding

Misak Khachatryan m.khachatryan at gnc.am
Thu Jan 15 09:01:19 EST 2015

Hello everyone,

please help to understand how to achieve this:

I have Juniper MX480 as DHCP server with two pools linked:

address-assignment {
     pool Pool1 {
         link Pool2;
         family inet {
             network xx.xx.0.0/19;
             range R1 {
                 low xx.xx.0.10;
                 high xx.xx.31.254;
             }
             dhcp-attributes {
                 maximum-lease-time 72000;
                 grace-period 60000;
                 domain-name xxx.xx;
                 name-server {
                     xx.yy.zz.30;
                     xx.yy.zz.3;
                 }
                 router {
                     xx.xx.0.1;
                 }
             }
             host 0000089 {
                 hardware-address 11:11:11:32:f2:2b;
                 ip-address xx.xx.31.254;
             }
         }
     }
     pool GPON_Abovyan2 {
         family inet {
             network yy.yy.32.0/20;
             range R1 {
                 low yy.yy.32.2;
                 high yy.yy.47.254;
             }
             dhcp-attributes {
                 maximum-lease-time 72000;
                 grace-period 60000;
                 domain-name xxx.xx;
                 name-server {
                     xx.yy.zz.30;
                     xx.yy.zz.3;
                 }
                 router {
                     yy.yy.32.1;
                 }
             }
         }
     }
}

I can successfully describe  host 0000089 in Pool1 and it will get
predefined IP address, but if I do the same for Pool2 to assign host IP
address from that pool, host gets random address from Pool1. My  guess
is that DHCP server will never consider Pool2 configuration until all
Pool1 addresses will be assigned. For me it's a clearly bug in that case.

Please advise how I can assign IP address from Pool2 to host. Juniper
MX480, JunOS 14.2R1.9

I know that i can send IP address by RADIUS attribute, but unfortunately
our billing server don't have this feature implemented yet.

--
Best regards,
Misak Khachatryan.