[j-nsp] MX80 JFlow Setup

Andy Litzinger andy.litzinger.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:44:45 EST 2015

Hi Scott and all,
  can you give an example of what i might have to open?  I have a
reject-all and log statement at the end of my lo0.0 filter and I don't see
any matches toward my flow-server ip.  I'm also don't understand why an
input filter on the loopback would impact outbound traffic to my
flow-server?

I forgot to mentions, but I'm running 13.3R4.6

I am running a tcpdump on my flow-server and no packets have arrived.  It
seems to me that flows are being captured and exported, even with the
default template settings:

# run show services accounting flow inline-jflow
  Flow information
    TFEB Slot: 0
    Flow Packets: 5805, Flow Bytes: 3941343
    Active Flows: 4, Total Flows: 3907
    Flows Exported: 3457, Flow Packets Exported: 3453
    Flows Inactive Timed Out: 3204, Flows Active Timed Out: 699

<let a few seconds pass>

# run show services accounting flow inline-jflow
  Flow information
    TFEB Slot: 0
    Flow Packets: 5806, Flow Bytes: 3942763
    Active Flows: 2, Total Flows: 3907
    Flows Exported: 3458, Flow Packets Exported: 3454
    Flows Inactive Timed Out: 3206, Flows Active Timed Out: 699

regards,
 -andy