[j-nsp] MPLS Endpoint Discussion

Levi Pederson levipederson at mankatonetworks.net
Thu Jul 2 10:25:34 EDT 2015

All,

I've created simpler MPLS ring between a total of 6 MPLS 4550s.  My
questions what IP do I use for the Label Switched Path Endpoints. I can't
seem to find a "best practice."

Specifically this code

Obfuscated as I'm a little to literal with my descriptions

set protocols mpls label-switched-path PE2-to-PE1 to 10.254.1.1
set protocols mpls label-switched-path PE2-to-PE3 to 10.254.1.6
set protocols mpls label-switched-path PE2-to-PE4 to 10.254.0.4

Do I use the /30 that exists between the Legs?

Or should I use the LoopBack0 ?

My thought would be Leg itself as it creates the path.  But some documents
state LoopBack.

Thank you,

*Levi Pederson*
Mankato Networks LLC