[j-nsp] MPLS Endpoint Discussion

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 2 11:00:45 EDT 2015

Yes
Ato did not offer an explanation, I will fill the void for him -
in JUNOS, for L2VPN/L3VPN services to work, the MPLS tailend route in
inet.3 must exactly match the L2VPN/L3VPN route' protocol nexthop.
JUNOS automatically populates the L2VPN/L3VPN route protocol nexthop
with originating PE' lo0.0 primary IP.
So, if You feeling warm about nexthop rewriting via BGP policies, then
You could use link addresses, otherwise use MPLS tailend' lo0.0 primary
IP for RSVP LSP "to" parameter on headend.
HTH
Thanks
Alex