[j-nsp] MC-LAG and layer 3 IPv6 routing

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Fri Jul 10 05:10:51 EDT 2015

> I have two MX5 routers. I would like to configure mc-lags and to
 > hosts in my network. Do i have to use vrrp and rvi to get HA or
 > i can only configure same gateway on mc-lag interface?

I am myself puzzled with a similar setup. I am seeing two MXs with an
MC-LAG working well for IPv4 and not working for IPv6. It is using MAC
address synch (not VRRP), or at least it is trying to.

The documentation seems a bit confusing, and I am unable to determine
what is or isn't supported, for IPv4 and IPv6, for this
hardware/software combo (MX-MPC2-3D with 14.2R1.9).

Can anyone point us to some source stating what MC-LAG configuration can
work, and what cannot, in the different hadrware, software and address
family combinations?

Thanks in advance,
                                Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate