[j-nsp] Replacement HD/SSD for RE-850

Markus universe at truemetal.org
Fri Jul 24 19:13:41 EDT 2015

Am 23.07.2015 um 15:26 schrieb Colin Baker:
> Recently had a hard drive fail on one of our RE-850 in an M7i.  Does
> anyone have a known working (preferably SSD) replacement they can
> recommend?  I seem to remember something on juniper.cluepon.net that
> certain models don't fit on the RE board all that well, but the site has
> been down for awhile now.

A few weeks ago I used Transcend TS32GPSD330 but these newer Transcend
thingies still cannot get mounted properly and the result looks like this:

http://truemetal.org/universe/blog/2013/03/upgrading-juniper-re-5-0-re-400-to-ssd/

Oh well, it was just a backup.

I've also used KingSpec KSD-PA25.1-032MJ 32 GB in 2013 and KingSpec
KSD-PA25.6-032SS 32 GB (MLC) in 2014 and these work fine. E.g.
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0047U977G - but it's MLC.

With the KingSpecs you need to set the jumper to cable select or
there'll be problems.

Good luck.

PS: Sad to see cluepon is down. Why?