[j-nsp] Junos power-off not graceful

james list jameslist72 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:48:54 EDT 2015

Gents,

good day.

A customer of mine has in production MX480, SRX3600 (cluster via WAN L2
among the two DC), EX8200 in all of the two DC and is asking me a
confirmation that it is currently possible to simulate a Disaster Recovery
issue just powering-off the devices without correct halting.

I’m trying to force them to run a correct halting but it seems they have a
very strict time (few minutes) to deactivate the Datacenter during the DR
procedure and are pressing me to validate.

I’m looking for:

1)      Official juniper documentation about the issue that occurs if a not
graceful halting is given

2)      Experience in this kind of issues on the family MX, SRX in cluster
and EX8k

3)      Any recommendation/help to force my customer…

Greetings

James