[j-nsp] Adding IRB to VPLS

Cydon Satyr cydonsatyr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 09:02:04 EDT 2015

I am trying to configure what Cisco would call a routed pseudowire. I'm
trying to do this by configuring bridge-domain with irb, and using that irb
in VPLS instance (and vrf instance), like this:

routing-instances {
    vpls-red {
        instance-type vpls;
        vlan-id none;
        routing-interface irb.351;
        route-distinguisher 150.1.3.1:351;
        vrf-target target:351:351;
        protocols {
            vpls {
                no-tunnel-services;
                site 2 {
                    site-identifier 2;
                }
                connectivity-type irb;
            }
        }
    }
}
bridge-domains {
    vpls-red {
        domain-type bridge;
        vlan-id none;
        interface ge-1/0/0.351;
        interface ge-1/1/0.352;
        routing-interface irb.351;
    }
}

The error I'm getting is:

"  'vpls-red'
    Interface irb.351, cannot be associated with multiple domains/instances
[default-switch vpls-red 0 and vpls-red __vpls-red__ 0]
[edit bridge-domains]
  Failed to parse bridge domain hierarchy completely
error: configuration check-out failed"

How can you go about solving this? Physical interfaces have different vlan
tags.

Regards