[j-nsp] Adding IRB to VPLS

Sebastian Wiesinger sebastian at karotte.org
Fri Jun 12 09:08:00 EDT 2015

* Cydon Satyr <cydonsatyr at gmail.com> [2015-06-12 15:03]:
> I am trying to configure what Cisco would call a routed pseudowire. I'm
> trying to do this by configuring bridge-domain with irb, and using that irb
> in VPLS instance (and vrf instance), like this:
>
> routing-instances {
>     vpls-red {
[..]
>     }
> }
> bridge-domains {
>     vpls-red {
[..]
>     }
> }
>
> The error I'm getting is:
>
> "  'vpls-red'
>     Interface irb.351, cannot be associated with multiple domains/instances
> [default-switch vpls-red 0 and vpls-red __vpls-red__ 0]

Hi,

don't configure a separate bridge-domain. Your VPLS instance bridges.
Just put the interfaces in your vpls instance as different sites:

 routing-instances {
     vpls-red {
         instance-type vpls;
         vlan-id none;
         routing-interface irb.351;
         route-distinguisher 150.1.3.1:351;
         vrf-target target:351:351;
         protocols {
             vpls {
                 no-tunnel-services;
                 site 2 {
                     site-identifier 2;
                     interface ge-1/0/0.351;
                 }
                 site X {
                     site-identifier X;
                     interface ge-1/1/0.352;
                 }
                 connectivity-type irb;
             }
         }
     }
 }

Be warned: this assumed that the two interfaces are not connected. If
they are connected you would create a loop.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant