[j-nsp] eBGP Failover

Mohammad Khalil eng.mssk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:43:57 EDT 2015

Hi all
I have a case where my router is connected to the upstream provider via two
physical links , we decided to configured eBGP over a loopback interface
The issue is that when the remote peer goes down (over which I have learned
the loopback from through static routing) , the route will still be
installed in my routing table (because from my side it's up) , so I will
lose connectivity and my eBGP neighbor will go down
So , what is the best redundancy solution I can implement so that I will
not lose my peering and switch over to the other static route without
disrupting my service?

Thanks

BR,
Mohammad