[j-nsp] Juniper MX and VZ FIOS question

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:55:55 EST 2015

Depends.. Some are ERX still, many are MX.

My scenario is that I was trying to test a Dynamic VPN solution with my
edge router and I wanted a public IP to test simulating being on the
internet. So I pinged for an IP on my local subnet that didn't respond to
and built a vlan on my switch for all external devices to attach to. I
configured my other test device with a the IP (not obtained via dhcp) and
my ARP entries would get returned as the FIOS gateway MAC, which is a
Juniper MAC, thus stopping communication between the devices. What's
interesting is that all IPs that I arp for are returned with the Juniper
MAC.

Just curious how this is done.

Most OLT's are just bridges, but it could be possible that it's doing it.