[j-nsp] Recommended Junos version for EX-4500 virtual chassis

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Mar 19 09:09:15 EDT 2015

* Scott Granados <scott at granados-llc.net>

> Hi, I’m wondering what people recommend for a software release for
> the EX 4500 switch in a virtual chassis configuration.  I noted that
> there is 13.2 code installed in my cluster now but the recommended
> version on the web site is 12.3R8 which obviously doesn’t match.
> What are people using and or how should I reconcile the difference
> and find the right train to follow?  Any pointers would be most
> appreciated.

We've got a couple of dual-node EX4500 VCs on 12.3R8. We've had only
one issue, a single port whose SFP turns off the Tx laser when the
interface is enabled and vice versa (see the thread I started on the
6th of March). No idea if it is due to a JUNOS bug though or if it is
fixed in another version.

Tore