[j-nsp] info VC QFX

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Mar 25 04:38:18 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 09:20:14AM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * james list <jameslist72 at gmail.com>
>
> > on QFX VC is there a way to configure VME interface to respond on each
> > module of the VC instead to be redirected on the master RE ?
> >
> > If yes a little configuration example is appreciated.
>
> I haven't tried QFX, but on EX you can use apply-groups to match
> individual members in the VC, and set up different addressing on each
> member's "me0" interface (note: you will *not* be using "vme").
>
> See http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB15556
>
> Try it and let the list know if it works on QFX too?

I'm surprised to see a Juniper KB on this...It does not work reliably
on EX--I've tried it and sometimes it causes intermittent me0
connectivity to the master RE member and backup RE member.
Additionally, the IP addresses never actually get applied to the me0
interfaces on linecard members.  You can try manually configuring
linecard members with "ifconfig me0" fro the shell, but that doesn't
help with the intermittent issue, and I have not found a way to
automate the "ifconfig" settings with a script yet.  You could perhaps
use a cron job to do it, but there is no way I've found to access
shell commands from a commit script.

It would be interesting to see if it works better on QFX.